interview Maria Lemonia
I first came to Greece when I was too young, "he admits. "I had just finished school, I was18 year old, and I got a very cheap package tour. I still remember the price, even if it seems incredible: it costed only 85 pounds. As soon as I stepped my foot in your country I realized that I would love this place , as the Greeks carry the same madness. "
- Have you come back since then?
Many times. Many years ago I spent some months in the Peloponnese, where I shot a British television serial in which I played the first role. One year, I visited Mykonos, Mytilini another and sometimes Athens. I am a declared fan of your homeland.
- Do you have any other Greek friends ?
- Do you know any Greek words?
Kalimera (good morning), efharisto (thanks)! Enough or say more?
- And the Greek cuisine?
Delicious! I love souvlaki with pita and I hope today at the gala to get to taste it, as the dinner is organized by the Greeks.
- Nah, I see very british style, they will probably insist on fish and chips.
Do not disappoint me, I came prepared for souvlaki.
- Is there anything that you do not like in Greece?
I love everything except the coffee, I hate it, it is not good for my stomach.
- For the greek temperament what do you have to say?
You are a gifted people with deep History, culture and a happy and beautiful lifestyle in good and bad times. I am impressed your cafés are always full of people and the night life starts at 11 pm. You are Modern Zorbases, experiencing a difficult time. All of us, who love you, believe that your passing through the Simpligades will only make you stronger.
- It is known that you rarely show yourself. What made you introduce Aphrodite Raikopoulou's concert?
H Aphrodite is a good friend and I'm always there for friends . After all she has all the elements of an artist is in its own unpretentious lonely road of creating.
- What about the Academy Awards?
Streep is a goddess!
- What about the Greek women who love you ?
Sorry, ladies, I can not do something about it!
- Will we see you soon in Greece?
I would like it, after all, only a few months are left until summer ...