.

Saturday 3 October 2015

In Greece, a Little Goes a Long Way

Marilyn Harding



"A little goes a long way" is usually the mantra of the travel companies encouraging clients to take advantage of Greece, this economically-beleaguered but scenic and hospitable country. I notice here on Aegina Island that huge tourist coaches are on the increase. They careen these mountain roads on a race to the sites before returning to the ferry for the dash to the next island of their one-day tour.
But this is not what I am talking about. Not about bargain holidays or stretching a travel budget. I am talking about how in Greece right now we can give a little and have it return a great deal more.
Every country is known primarily by its collective cultural persona. The national character is perceived by the behavior of politicians, bureaucrats and the effect of its economic skill and power in the global game. And when a country is disadvantaged by these standards, the world rushes in to take advantage. Or so it seems.
I despair when I hear what others say of Greece outside of the country, "the people brought it on themselves," "'they're lazy" "they're looking for a handout." But I know a different reality. In fact I am an active participant in a different reality. And here it is.
Underneath the skin of the collective national persona are 11 million plus stories. I am one of them. I am Philhellene. I chose to come here from a more "advantaged" country because there is a pulse to this land that is hard to measure by our material standards. It is beguilingly beautiful from north to south and east to west including its hundreds of islands with such diversity of ancient mountains, teal blue seas and rich arable lands. In the still-wild mountains, herbs and wildflowers grow in unmolested natural abundance. Six thousand species of flora and 200 species of olive trees offer up a precious pharmacopeia unmatched in most other lands.

7 σχόλια:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

kristinahojholt said...

I and also my guys have been checking out the best things located on your site and so the sudden got an awful suspicion I never expressed respect to the website owner for those secrets. All the boys ended up totally stimulated to study them and have now certainly been loving those things. We appreciate you being really thoughtful and then for figuring out certain quality things millions of individuals are really desperate to be aware of. My very own honest apologies for not expressing appreciation to you sooner. τα τελευταια νεα τησ ημερασ

kristinahojholt said...

I needed to send you that tiny word to finally thank you as before with your precious pointers you have discussed here. It's so tremendously generous of you in giving openly all most of us could have made available as an e book to end up making some bucks for their own end, most importantly considering the fact that you could possibly have done it in the event you decided. Those thoughts additionally worked to be a good way to understand that the rest have the same keenness like mine to know the truth somewhat more on the topic of this problem. I think there are lots of more pleasurable sessions in the future for people who looked over your blog. ειδησεισ ελλαδασ τωρα

kristinahojholt said...

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of exclusive content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd really appreciate it. ειδησεισ απο την ελλαδα τωρα

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

Anonymous said...

Good day, I'am Josef Lewis, A private loan lender who gives out loan to individuals, companies, and government establishments at a low interest rate of 2%. We know that there are lots of families out there who live on pay to pay check and others that cannot take care of their financial obligations and for this reason we are here for financial restoration. Are you looking for a loan to pay your school fees, car loan, business loan, project financing, home bill loan ETC. Kindly respond immediately via Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565

We offer loans up to $700,000,000.00, if you are looking for a business loan and have been denied by a bank, we can help with loans of $ 10,000 to a maximum of $ 700,000 ,000.00 that can help you get your business Rebuild and bring you on a path to a better financial future.



HowardGrace said...

I as well as my guys were examining the nice hints found on the blog and then all of the sudden I had a horrible feeling I never expressed respect to the website owner for those techniques. My young men were for that reason very interested to read all of them and have in effect honestly been taking advantage of them. Appreciation for truly being quite kind and then for getting this kind of superb tips millions of individuals are really eager to be informed on. Our own sincere apologies for not expressing appreciation to you earlier. νεα σημερα ελλαδα



Translate