.

Thursday, 5 April 2012

Greek pensioner commits suicide in Syntagma square

The note left by suicide 77year old man says: 




"The occupation government Tsolakoglou annihilated every trace of my survival which was based on a decent pension for which thirty five years I only (without the support of the State) paid.
Because I have an age which does not give me the ability  individually to respond dynamically   (without excluding the fact that if a Greek took a Kalashnikov, the second one would be me) 
I can not find another way to react other than a decent end before I start looking in the garbage to survive.
I believe that young people without a future, will -one day- take up arms and at Syntagma Square will hang the national traitors as the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945  (Piazza Poreto  in Milan)"



note:
Tsolakoglou was the first prime minister of the Nazi occupied Greece (Hellas) April 1941



It was short before 9 o’ clock in the morning when stunned passers-by heard a gunshot and saw a man falling dead. The man shouted "so I won΄t leave debts for my children" before killing himself. 



the place where the 77 year old man died



poster calling for gathering at Syntagma Square

Later: Greek praetorian police fired tear gas at demonstrators who gathered outside the parliament to commemorate the pensioner!

















0 σχόλια:



Translate